Thursday 2 July 2020

Amazon Selling Experience

It has been a long time since I have sold an item on Amazon. But I was one of the original individuals who sold items and books on Amazon.  It has been a long time, but I don't think much has changed when it comes to the process of selling on amazon.  Now it has become one of the biggest companies in the world and definitely rules the online market for selling.  E-commerce was brought into a new world when Amazon took off.  This year they have almost doubled their value and that is all because of the e-commerce boom caused by pandemic.  So I want to go over my experience with Amazon.

Back in the day it was pretty simple to be a seller. As far as I remember it was almost the same process of eBay.  The difference that I found was the contact that was not there when people made offers and purchased your item was rather low.   I am pretty sure they only sent one email and that was difficult to find back in the day of mega spam before gmail was the epic and all encompassing email supplier. This meant that I shipped items a little late and didn't get items as fast as I would like and I think that was a huge part of it.  Phones were not smart and also did not have apps that created the simplicity of selling. 

This was the first part of selling and once I finally got my items listed and knew that they were sold I was able to get the process rolling.  This is when the fun begins, because you start getting money in your pocket and then you are at the time to start shipping.  So make sure you have your packaging supplies in order.  I always like to pre package my products and get them ready before they are sold. That is because they are done quickly and out the door. Having your products ready to ship means you have your packaging supplies on hand already and you won't have to run out and get some and be in a rush.  It feels weird having money and not done the work and can cause anxiety.  So it's nice to get it done beforehand.

 I didn't have a terrible experience and I am sure it is even better these days with the addition of the app with notifications. So enjoy selling and make some money!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ways to use tape

Have you ever wondered what different ways you can use tape?  The process is endless and the amounts of things you can do are absolutely fan...